Dr. Anam joined UAP in 2000 with an excellent academic background. Before joining UAP, he worked as a Lecturer at BUET, Teaching and Research Assistant at UT Austin and Texas A&M University.
Dr. Anam's main research interest is based on structural dynamics, including earthquake engineering, vehicular vibration, ocean wave mechanics, offshore structures, dynamic soil-structure interaction, random vibrations, etc. He has developed theoretical and numerical methods for the calculation of nonlinear wave forces, wave kinematics, foundation stiffness and probabilistic modeling. His works have been published in the journals and monographs of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), International Society of Offshore and Polar Engineers (ISOPE) and presented at various international conferences across the world.
At UAP, Dr. Anam teaches various theoretical and sessional courses on Engineering Mechanics, Structural Analysis and Design. He serves in the editorial boards of the CE departmental Technical Bulletin and the Journal of Civil and Environmental Engineering. He has led the research work on structural dynamics and earthquake engineering at UAP and has supervised thesis works of final year students on the dynamic analyses of Reinforced Concrete buildings, bridges, concrete pavements, steel towers, soil-structure interaction, probabilistic structural dynamics, structural control, ductility, seismic detailing and retrofit of Reinforced Concrete frames and flat slabs, as well as masonry structures, developing several computer programs as well as experimental models on linear and nonlinear structural dynamic analyses. Results of his research works at UAP (in collaboration with UAP students and faculty members) have been published in the proceedings of international conferences at Canada, Australia, China, South Africa, Thailand, India and Bangladesh.
Dr. Anam has served as the principal investigator and main resource person in government funded research projects and training courses on seismic analysis and structural dynamics.
Peer-Reviewed Journal Papers
* Rahman SO and Anam I (2005). “Dynamic Analysis of Concrete Pavement under Moving Loads.” UAP Journal of Civil and Environmental Engineering, March 2005, 1 (1), 1-6.
* Anam I and Roësset JM (2004). “Dynamic Stiffnesses of Surface Foundations: An Explicit Solution.” ASCE International Journal of Geomechanics, September 2004, 4 (3), 216-23.
* Anam I and Roësset JM (2004). “Slender-Body Approximations of Hydrodynamic Forces for Spar Platforms.” International Journal of Offshore & Polar Engineering, June 2004, 14 (2), 104-9.
* Anam I and Roësset JM (2004). “Nonlinear Hydrodynamic Forces on Flexible Structures: A Combined-Force Model.” ASME Journal of Offshore Mechanics & Arctic Engineering, February 2004, 126 (1), 78-83.
* Anam I and Roësset JM (2002). “Effect of Nonlinear Wave Kinematics on the Dynamic Response of Spar Platforms.” ASCE Journal of Engineering Mechanics, September 2002, 128 (9), 925-34.
* Das P, Islam
MM, Anam I and Haque E (2011). “Seismic Retrofit Options for
RC Columns and Flat Slabs.” International
Conference on Environmental Technology & Construction
Engineering for Sustainable Development,
* Islam MA,
Hasnat A, Anam I and Haque E (2011). “Seismic Response of
Brick Masonry Structures.” International Conference on
Environmental Technology & Construction Engineering for
* Abdullah AKM,
Awal MA, Anam I and Mahbub AA (2010). “Seismic Detailing and
Behavior of RC Frames.” 3rd International
* Hossen MM and
Anam I (2010). “Seismic Performance of Concrete Flat Slabs.”
3rd International Earthquake Symposium,
* Akand MSA and Anam I (2007).
“Ductility of Concrete Structures with Lateral and Compression
Reinforcement.” 6th International Symposium on
New Technologies for Urban Safety of Mega Cities in
Last Update: Fall 2014